Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Book Reading

I am excited that many of you have purchased Knowing God. My prayer is that this will be a special time of growth for you as we read through it together. One change, would you please read though chapter one by Monday the 8th. I know I said introduction, but I had forgotten how short the intro is, so this will not stretch you too bad. As you read, have a pencil in hand, underline statements, jot notes down in a notebook, write down the things you have learned or questions you might have. This will only be beneficial to us if there is dialogue about the book, so come ready with questions on Monday. This of course is not light reading and it may seem tedious to you at first, rest in this promise from me, anything worthwile will require discipline and hard work on your part. You are all a blessing to me.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Are we discussing the book online or are we meeting to discuss the book?

Brent Blake said...

We are discussing the book online. I will provide a general outline of the chapters and some notes every week. You guys will provide interaction with that through the comments section.

Tammie said...

Who is the author of the book "Knowing God"?

PageDoug said...

We have ordered and look forward to sharing with our friends aka family at Shiloh! :)

Doug & Page

Brent Blake said...

The author of the book is Joel Osteen, no I mean J.I. Packer.