Sunday, June 28, 2009

Why don't I have that?

The question is not posed because I am lacking the newest game for the wii. It is not even about the latest fashion or accessory for my Ipod. The question is why don't I have a desire for God like is present in the lives of men and women in the bible, or even other men and women throughout history? Read through the psalms (42 and 63 especially). Is that type of yearning and desire for God so very present in your life that it seems to you to be a matter of life and death? Is it truly to live is Christ and to die is gain for you? For me, I would have to say I am half hearted at best the majority of the time. Why is that so? Over the next few Sunday evening we will seek to answer that question together, and we will spend time on the blog discussing this topic and hopefully have some interaction and help one another grow. My God haunt us about our satisfaction with the status quo of Christianity here in America.

No comments: