Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Matters of Prayer

I am blessed to pastor such a wonderful flock. I long to be the shepherd God has called me to be and I ask that you would pray for me and for our church in the following ways:
1. Pray for our outreach. Proclaim team 1 went out Sunday afternoon and I was very encouraged to see many stepping out of their comfort zones and boldly declaring the gospel. Pray for Proclaim tonight that we would see much of the same and we would have the heart of God when it comes to outreach.
2. Pray for those who will follow in believer's baptism this Sunday. So far their are six, I know there are more who need to make this public proclamation of their faith, pray for them as well.
3. Pray for me this week. I am getting back into Genesis chapter 9 this week and desire your prayers for understanding and clarity in proclamation. I am also preparing a message to preach at the Association's annual meeting in a few weeks. All messages are important, but I feel a special urgency for this message, pray for me and those who will hear it who represent the 62 churches in Sevier county.
4. Pray for a continued hunger for God for both yourself and this church body. We have really been challenging one another over the last months, and I know we are all prone to wear down and burn out, may God keep the white hot fire of our love for the gospel burning within us.

I love you all, may God bless you mightily in Him.

No comments: