Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blog Hiatus

So it has been a few weeks since the blog has been active. I hope this has not hindered your ability to function on a daily basis. A few quick things.

Sunday Morning
What a blessing to be back with you after being in Greeneville during Christmas. You don't know how thankful I am to God for placing me in this ministry at Shiloh. I pray that God really blessed you Sunday morning as we looked at Ephesians 3:1-13. Did you grasp that Paul, as a believer, did not let his circumstances dictate who he was? Paul is secure in the fact that he is in Christ. Do you find your security in that fact? How about v.2 where he says he is a steward of God's grace? This hit me hard last week. I have been granted an unsearchable, or unfathomable(if you can say that), amount of grace, that means I can never measure or fully deplete the grace I have been given. How am I handling that grace? How am I in dispersing that to others? Both essential questions we must ask ourselves. This Sunday we will look at one of the most powerful prayers recorded in scripture, a prayer that you should be memorizing and praying for yourself and others, pray that God would move in the study of His word.

Sunday Night
In James 3 he really hits us where it hurts, in the tongue. He emphasizes that we are held accountable in a great way for what we say, and it is one of the primary ways we are able to tell if we are in Christ. How is God convicting you in this area? For me, it is primarily in joking with others and giving them a hard time. All of this is done as good natured fun, but there are a lot of times that the good natured fun does not promote Godliness in myself or others.

No comments: