Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ephesians 3:14-21

I am so blessed to be able to proclaim the unsearchable riches of Christ. I can not begin to put into words how God spoke to me through our passage last week. The reality is, as believers, we will rejoice in the great love of Christ for all of eternity and never grasp how deep, long, wide, and high it actually is. Let us not wait until eternity to begin the task of understanding God's love though, let us be working steadily at this task now.
Let us be praying that the spirit would move in us and strengthen us by helping us to be filled, to be rooted, in the love of Christ.
Let us move toward knowing God's word. The Lord has dealt with me about memorization for a long time. I have memorized a lot of verses over the years, God is now leading me to memorize an entire book. I was challenged during my time in seminary to try and memorize books instead of just small passages because it was a much more worthwhile effort, however, I did not see how memorizing a book would ever be feasible, until I started running into normal everyday believers who had memorized books. The writings of Andy Davis, pastor of First Baptist Durham, have challenged me to undertake a memorization of Ephesians over the next six months, I challenge you to do the same. I have linked his manual which leads you in a method of how to memorize books, may this strengthen us in Christ as well. Please be in prayer for our message next Sunday as we move into the practical portion of the letter and examine the priority of unity. God bless.
http://www.fbcdurham.org/FCKeditor/editor/plugins/mediamanager/get.php?id=101

No comments: