Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crazy Love Chapters 7-8

Talk about pushing someone out of their comfort zone. Your best life later and profile of the obsessed certainly accomplished that task in my life. I had to continually ask myself the question,"What am I doing?" That's right, "What am I doing?" What I mean by that is if the Christianity that the bible describes is what God requires of His children, then what am I doing? I am comfortable. I am relaxed. I am a lover of money. I am more concerned about my safety and security than those dying and going to hell. I am part of a fat and bloated church society here in America that just does not accept that we aren't living like disciples. I am sick and tired of the game and I pray that you are as well.
Please be praying for one another as we go through the last few weeks of this book that we would not just be hearers of the word, but doers. Also, be praying for the kickoff of crazy love this Sunday night during discipleship at Shiloh. Pray that many are challenged and grow as we have. God bless.

1 comment:

Jay said...

The first Sunday night meeting in the "Crazy Love" class went really well. We were astonished with the Creative power and complexity of God as well as challenged with allowing God to create a new sense of worship in us. I think our prayer life will never be the same as we picture God on His throne, as John describes in the book of Revelation, and realize that is whom we are coming before with our prayers. They are not just messages sent to the sky, we are actually conversing with the creater of all that is. It is humbling to think about it. I encourage everyone, before you pray, imagine yourself standing before God on His throne and see how it transforms your prayer.

Jay