Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Have a good thanksgiving

What a blessing to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family. We are in greeneville for the next few days visiting family and eating way too much. I have so much to be thankful for. This has definitely been a strange week. Monday evening I received a call from my neighbor, Mrs. McCullough, asking me to go check on her husband, she is nearly immobile and could not find him. Upon going up to their house, I immediately found him collapsed in his garage. He had died while pouring food for his dogs(11, which visit us very often at church). I stayed up there with his wife for most of the evening while family arrived and some details were worked out. Upon returning home that evening my little girl, Ella, informed me that she had been saved that evening. Whew, what a night. God really blew me away showing me how fleeting life is and how beautiful new birth is. Please pray for Mrs. McCullough as she grieves, and pray for Ella as she grows in Christ. I will see you all very soon, God bless and have a great thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Suttons said...

have safe travels this week.

Sanders said...

I have been praying for Mrs.McCullough and will continue. I will also be praying for Ella! It is beyond words to express how it feels when one of your children come to know Christ as their Savior! What a blessing and praise! Tell her we are very excited for her! Hope you have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss the news about Ella? Congratulations, Blake family. Lord hasten the day that my boys do the same.

PageDoug said...

I am so excited about Ella and her life changing decision! What a precious child! I pray for the day Macy makes such a decision. Wow! Gives me cold chills just thinking about! Speaking of~can we go ahead and plan on Baby Dedication Mother's Day?!

Page & Doug

Brent Blake said...

Talk about early planning! I would be delighted to go ahead and plan on dedicating a lot of babies on Mother's Day this next year. Just for your info, normally we do this in the second worship service on the Sunday morning of Mother's Day. I, however, am very flexible on this and will do whaterver I can to make this special for you guys.