Monday, November 24, 2008

Infiltrating your prayer life

As we studied Ephesians 1:15-23 together yesterday, what did God reveal to you about your prayers? Are they self centered and needs based? Or, do your prayers focus on the God of your salvation and His character and attributes? Within scripture we see that the latter seems to be the pattern of prayer.
As you pray this week, remember to pray for God to open the eyes of your heart. Pray that He would help you remember the hope of your calling. That is, remember what he has rescued you from and His promise to sustain you and carry you home. Remember this is not optimism, but resting assured in promises made but not yet fully received. You also need to pray that He would give you an understanding of what it means to be His inheritance. Look throughout scripture at how God has always pursued His people. Look at your life and how He has pursued you. Lastly, remember the power that resides within you. Remember that it is not your power, but the power of the new creation that raised Jesus from the dead.
Reflect on this in your prayers this week. Pray this for yourself, your family, your church, your pastor. God bless you and have a great day in Him.

2 comments:

wintergirl said...

I am learning that it sometimes seems like it takes a very long time to see my prayers answered, and when they are I can see how gods solution and times was for the best. This has happened to me many times in the past. I pray for the wisdom to let God work things out without concern/worry (ie I have been concerned about the past election Etc. I guess than in my life I have I have never been a partier with drinking or drugs because I have allways wanted to be incontrol of ME, It has been a process in the works to turn that control over to God where it belongs in the first place. I would appreciate your prayers for me about this. Hope more of you guys join this format for discussion, it will be a great way to study together and it is also an excellent format for people who hold back their feeling to communicate with their sistern & brothers in Christ. May God bless all of you

Pam said...

I pray throught the day about different things.I pray alot for the ones I know that are not saved or the ones I know are saved and have straied away from where they should be. I try my best to set a good example, heaven knows I'm not perfect, but I try the best I can. Sometimes it's hard , but I do hope my prayers and the example I set will help anyone that needs it. I pray for my family, friends and chruch family everyday. God bess you all.