Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Entrusted with the Gospel (2)

Today I want to spend time focusing upon someone else who faithfully entrusted the gospel to me.
When I was saved at the age of sixteen, Bob Cardinal was no more than the father of one of my very good friends. Today, I would describe Bob as my father in the faith. After my conversion Bob was very influential in my life over the next few years as he was responsible for teaching the high school Sunday school class. He, along with a man name David Allred, faithfully taught us week after week about our great God. I still turn back to some of the material they taught in order to give me a fresh perspective on what I am teaching about. After high school, while I was away at ETSU, I guess there were a few years where I did not really grow and did not have much contact with Bob. However, after Elizabeth and I became engaged, I was quickly informed of a newly and nearly married Sunday school class that Bob and his wife Debbie would be teaching. We entered into the class not knowing what to expect, but what we found was two people who genuinely cared for us and cared about our relationship with Christ. Bob and Debbie are the Godliest people I have ever met and their influence in my life and the life of my family is unspeakable. They were more than teachers, they shared life with us, they embodied the true meaning of fellowship. Thank you so much Bob and Debbie, may God bless you forever for your faithfulness to Him. Thank God for those who entrust others with the gospel, may we go and do likewise.

No comments: